Psalm 44:22

Yet for your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Seasons


How many of us are tired of school? Maybe this college experience was not what you expected? Maybe you fell to peer pressure, and/or you walked away from God. In short, you are not where you saw yourself being. How many of us, are in a storm, and cannot seem to find a way out? Things went from bad to worse, and you cannot seem to find any good, or God in the matter.

Rest assured because God knows exactly why you are in this position. He may have put you there in the first place or He may have allowed you to be there. Whatever the case… YOU will overcome, this obstacle, this storm, was not put forth to cripple you… but to make you stronger.

I think the key to surviving predicaments like this is contentment. Be content with the situation, know God has everything under control, no matter how hopeless you feel, no matter how broken you are; it is COVERED. Be still, and know that HE IS GOD… and this situation is for HIS GLORY. When going through it remember that your suffering is not in vain, there is a purpose.

Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I know what you are probably thinking, “yeah that sounds great and dandy… but it’s hard to think like that when you are going through it!”

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY!

 I would be a fool to say I always remember that God is in control when life throws jabs at me. I forget, I fall, I stumble… I scream. I’m not telling you this to convict you, but to motivate you… to encourage you. Sisters, WE ARE GOING TO FALL, but when we fall seven times STAND UP EIGHT! Keep moving forward… Yesterday’s mistakes are YESTERDAY’s. TODAY IS A NEW DAY. A CHANCE TO BE RENEWED… A CHANCE TO GIVE GOD THE GLORY HE DESERVES. 

I want you to (after reading this) be able to look your storm in the face… to be able to tell your mountain… that YOUR GOD IS GREATER. I want you to not let life KEEP YOU DOWN. Yes it’s going to knock you down… BUT GET RIGHT BACK UP.

Don’t ask God… “WHYYYYY??” You already know the answer… be content, and know that in every season of your life; good and bad, HE IS GOD.

                            

                               God Bless you sisters,
                                                Cassie 


                                                          
Verses to Remember


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
                               A time to be born and a time to die,
                               A time to plant and a time to uproot
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace.

Phillipians 4:10-12

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Hebrews 13:5-6

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
                   “Never will I leave you;
                   Never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
                   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
                   What can man do to me?”

1 Timothy 6:6-8

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment