Psalm 44:22

Yet for your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered

Thursday, April 26, 2012

OH Psalms ...


So, every night I try to read two chapters of Psalms. I think it is important for God to be the last “Person” on your mind before you go to sleep. So I was reading and I got to Psalms 141. I feel like God always speak to me when I read the Bible, so I got to verse 3 and I just had to re-read it and actually stop and pray it. It was just another confirmation. Psalm 141:3 reads:

Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.


This really stuck out to me, because I personally have a hard time keeping my mouth closed. I mean I’ve been gossiping for so long, you know how it is when you get around your girls. The thing about it is, I don’t talk about people as much (sometimes I do) but other times I just say pointless things. That in itself is gossip… I mean if it does not build up others according to their needs then it is unwholesome! (Ephesians 4:29)

I do not know how many of you are struggling with this. I just want to encourage you to keep on trying to work on it. Pray that God takes control of your mind, pray that you will become slow to SPEAK, slow to anger and QUICK to listen.

Remember that we as Christians are called to be different.  We have to show the world whom we serve. Show the world, by the way we speak, that WE SERVE A LIVING, LOVING GOD; WHO CAME AND DIED FOR OUR SINS.

GOD BLESS!

Verses to Remember:

Proverbs 11:3
A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.


Romans 1:29-31
 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanders, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

(Note: If you find yourself listed above ^ it’s time for a change!)

No comments:

Post a Comment